Re: VOIP phone programs for the PC that work with JAWS

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:11:26 -0500

Thank you for the updated information about Magic Jack.

However, as I said in my original email, I already use a V O I P service.

Although I pay $19.95 per month, plus taxes and fees, I can call land line
phone numbers in 25 countries for no additional charge, for that price.

For me, the other disadvantage of Magic Jack, is that if I decided to leave
my computer at home, I could not use Magic Jack because, as far as I am
aware,  you cannot connect to it without a computer because, connection to
Magic Jack requires a USB connection.

Whereas, if I use my V O I P phone, I can connect directly to an internet
outlet, using the phone's RJ45 connector and plug the power supply into a
wall outlet, the phone does the rest.

Anyway, this is getting away from JAWS related matters, so I will end with
those comments.

Your suggestion was very much appreciated.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Alternative archives located at: