RE: VMWare and Jaws

  • From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:15:07 -0400

Hi Dan,  We have been moving to VM machines at work here.  We are using
VMWhere.
Jaws continually crashes the machines.  Some times it takes an hour and
some time it happens almost immediately.
I raised this issue to freedomscientific last october and after them
saying upgrade upgrade and upgrade again I started with jaws 7.1 then
moved to jaws 8+ and 9+ and now they say they will look at the problem
but would not give any timelines.  So the answer is jaws doesn't work on
VMWhere.  I know I am not the only one with this problem.  There others
using citrix which requires jaws on the servers and they are
experiencing the same issues.
I wish ten months ago they had told me they would look at the problem
next year I would have started a position change back then but I
unfortunately held out hope only to find out that they hadn't looked at
the problem and wouldn't in the near future.  Our company even offered
to pay for the resources required but this offer was ignored.  JOB
Access with speech They probably need a new name.