Using Yahoo and Hotmail

  • From: "Sailesh Panchang" <sailesh.panchang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:29:35 -0400

Hello Listers,
This is my experience with Yahoo and Hotmail and was  checking if anyone else
has same concerns.
Yahoo Mail  accessed through Internet Explorer on Win2K or WinXP Problems:
Here are just three  issues:
- During message composition, the message body textarea is announced by JAWS 5
as "Frame" which is a problem. A sighted user can see what is being typed in
but JAWS cannot access it.
 - Errors during process of sending message are not announced by JAWS nor is
the sent-mesasage confirmation announced.
- Of course the new user sign process needs  sighted help or Yahoo support to
read a graphic text  displayed on the screen
Hotmail Problems:
I have been using Hotmail and of course there are access issues  but I am at
least able to  work it- not as efficiently as I would like to.
But since past several weeks I am having  problems just getting to Hotmail. The
sign on screen comes in on Win2K machine but then I get server not found or
server busy error. On WinXP machine even the sign on screen does not come on. I
can use Hotmail through Outlook Express unlike Yahoo but due to this server
problem am unable to get to mail. Is anyone experiencing similar problems?
Thanks,
Sailesh