Update to the Update

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:14 -0600 (CST)

Please take note of the following from FS. As they say, if you have
downloaded yesterdays update you shouldn't feel compelled to download the
latest one. Message from FS follows:

Subject: Update to the Update

All,
On Tuesday night this week, we posted the English Quella version JAWS
5.0 Update. That was version 5.00.809. Today, we replaced it with a new
build 5.00.812
that had two minor tweaks made in the final hour.
The first was a very minor script change for MS Word related to Braille
Structured Mode when in certain dialogs.
The second was an internal fix to a problem in the script compiler of
JAWS. It resolves a problem that was actually introduced in the October
2003 posting
of JAWS 5.
If you have already downloaded and installed the 809 build, you should
not be concerned or feel compelled to download the new one. We do not
expect any
issues to come up.
We have also now posted the English Dongle Required Version of JAWS
Update. That exact version is 5.00.813 and can be found on our web pages
now.
Finally, we have posted a new JAWS 5.0 40 Minute Demo based on the
Update release. That version is 5.00.814 and it expires on December 31,
2004.
The What's New regarding the Update Version can be read at:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/software_jaws5udfea.asp
The details and links to the Quella and Dongle builds can be found at:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/software_jaws5uddownload.as
Regards,
Eric Damery
Vice President