Re: U.S. English Windows Keyboard: Expressing Currencies

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:13:10 -0500

A response to one part of your query. JAWS supplies a useful list of symbols, which includes the British pound. Press the JAWS key together with 4 on the number row above the letter keys to open the list. You can either arrow down the list or press the first letter of the symbol's name. "Pounds" is one of the symbols you'll find by pressing p three or four times. Once the symbol you want is highlighted, press enter. The list closes and you're returned to the text. The symbol is there. It won't be spoken, but you can give it a verbalization with the JAWS dictionary.