Thumb Drive Jaws Authorization Question

  • From: "Lorana Chanicut" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:14:11 -0600

I used thumb drive JAWS today and it worked beautifully. I went to a SQL class off site, and they'd promised me JAWS, but had Window Eyes on the computer instead. I brought out my trusty thumb drive, and set up JAWS.

Only one problem. It was a 40-minute demo, so I rebooted the computer numerous times throughout the day.

How do I obtain a dongle authorization and how much will it cost? And, since I have day two of this class tomorrow, is there any way to authorize my JAWS over the Internet, using one of my keys, which I would remove later?

I know I should have been prepared, but they told me they'd have JAWS, and didn't. Typically, I use thumb drive JAWS to hop onto computers I'm troubleshooting, and don't need more than 40 minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lora

PS: I took this computer class at New Horizons, and it is absolutely awesome. SQL with Query Analyzer is a beautiful, useful thing, and the instructor treats me like every other student, no condescension involved. So much better than some classes I've taken.