Task Panel in Windows ME?

  • From: Kane & Danika Brolin <decorium@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:34:21 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

This is my second inquiry of the morning.

As stated in my first message, I've recently upgraded a home system to Windows
ME and have run into a few troubling issues.  This one is that, upon start-up,
I often get an annoying active window that's entitled "Task Panel."  It often
pops up at me, and there are a number of items on which I could click: "Help"
and "Too Many Buttons," for example.  But when I try to click any of these to
get information, or to see what it's prompting me to do, nothing happens.  Yet
I can't seem to get rid of this Task Panel.

Aside from the basic Windows program, the only three programs I have loaded so
far are Earthlink Total Access 2004, Microsoft Office, and Norton System Works.

Any clues as to what this is?

Thanks,

-Kane