Re: System restore

  • From: "Dave 'SqueezeBox' Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:03:28 -0800

It's very easy, I've had to do it a number of times.

JAWS will read the buttons, etc. just fine.

When you get to the screen with a calendar on it, just Tab backwards until
you hear "next day" and previous day" and then use the arrow key to hear the
previous restore point. It will be a list, usually want only one item that
most often is a system-generate restore point. If you don't find one, go
back a day and see if you find one for that day.

After you select the restore point Alt-n for next a couple times and sit
back while it reboots. Takes longer than usual, of course.

After you log in again you'll have an Alt-o to accept the restore .

If anything is not right you can always go back to where you were before the
restore.

Read all the text on the restore dialogs so you can get a feel for how it
works and how safe it is.

Dave