Spellchecking in Word 2003 with JAWS 7 or 7.1

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:55:04 -0600

Hi,

When I hit F7 to start the spell checker, JAWS will say,

Not in spellchecker

But it will then not read the misspelled word.

I can tab through the dialog box, see the first suggestion, etc., but
Insert+C won't work, and I can't see the word that caused the trouble unless
I escape out of the spell checker and read the line.

At first, it seemed to happen with only some files, but recently it seems to
be with all files, whether I use 7.0 or 7.1.

Any advice would be appreciated, as I frequently validate for Bookshare, and
the spell checker would be useful for that.

Thanks,

Lora