RE: Restoring My System

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:55:04 +0000

Hi, System Restore won't touch documents and any user-created files, only system changes and programmes will be restored to how they were. Hope that helps.

At 20:35 13/01/2008, you wrote:
If you have to and other fixes don't work you need to go to system restore.

Open the start menu and go to all programs, accessories and then system tools.

Here you should find system restore.

You will need to select a date and time where the system was working properly.

Remember any programs installed after the point you select will be gone after the restore.

I believe also any documents saved after the point you select will also be gone.

So if you have any files you don't want to lose back them up.

Hope this helps