Re: Question About Thunderbird

  • From: Chris Hill <hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:46:58 -0600

Of course you can filter incoming messages. You can filter messages in more ways than you can imagine. Only thing about thunderbird I don't like is finding what I'm looking for in the options is hard sometimes. Also, another screen reader can't seem to get the control for changing your sending account when writing a new message.

On 2/16/2011 16:12, Gary King wrote:
If there are Thunderbird users on the list, tell me if you can filter
incoming messages into separate folders. For example, can you create a
folder for each email list and have your messages go there automatically
instead of the In-Box? This is the way I've always managed my email in
Outlook Express. I don't want my email from various lists all mixed
together in the In-Box.
I'm still trying to decide on an email program for Windows 7. After
reading about the features of Thunderbird on Mozilla.org, it still
wasn't clear to me if filtering incoming messages was possible. It
seemed to be saying that you could work with email in the In-Box and
then archive any messages you wanted to save. If I can't filter my
incoming email, I'm not interested in trying Thunderbird. I may just
give that Windows Mail installation procedure a shot., since it acts
like Outlook Express. I have MS Office 2010 on my Windows 7 computer,
but I don't have Outlook.
Gary King
mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alternative archives located at: