Re: Punctuation Problem In Public Beta

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:41:01 -0400

Hi Gary, I noticed this too and mentioned it yesterday. The only way, at least that *I* know of is to change it in the global voices dialogue, rather than doing individual profiles, at least for now.

Is anyone else having a problem with punctuation settings not sticking when using a synthesizer other than Eloquence? I am using the GW Micro version of DECtalk Access32. I want my punctuation to be set to Some in an application such as Outlook Express. With Outlook Express running, I go to the Individual Voice Adjustment dialog and choose the radio button to make the adjustment specific to this application. I then adjust the combo box for Some Punctuation and press Enter on the OK button. If I then read a message, I hear the colon spoken, which tells me that the punctuation is still set to Most. I can confirm this by going back into the Individual Voice Adjustment dialog. I can set the punctuation to Some using the Verbosity menu while in Outlook Express, but this is only temporary.

Gary King
<mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3386 (20080825) __________