Re: PuTTY

  • From: Quanin <quanin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:01:58 -0500

PuTTY is a secure shell (ssh) program. Virtually an encripted telnet
protocol. The problem with it, however, is that it tends to read everything
on the screen. I want to, if possible, find someone who's used that
program, and could possibly tell me if any settings are changeable such
that JAWS, whilst still in 'say all mode' will read only new information
brought to the screen (the goal here is to eliminate, or minimise, the
having to rely on the jaws curser). Either that, or perhaps direct me to an
SSH client that works better with JAWS than this one. Again, thanks for any
help anyone on this list can provide.

James