Problems with Jaws 10 and Address Bar in Firefox 3.5

  • From: "Kim Loftis" <kll2277@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 06:51:48 -0400

Hi all,

I started having this problem yesterday, and it's becoming really annoying.
I'm hoping someone may have a solution.

When I go to the address bar in Firefox 3.5 using alt d, Jaws will initially
read the address, but if I attempt to do a backspace to say, erase my last
character and type something else, Jaws either says "space" or "Blank", and
doesn't correctly tell me what's actually in the address bar.  Yet if I
backspace through a couple of characters, shift tab out of the address bar and
then go back into it with either alt d for control l, it will read me the
address without the characters I tried deleting, so I know I'm actually
deleting them; they just aren't being read.  I get the same behavior when I use
control l to open a new site, or control t to open a new tab.

Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.  I'm rather baffled and
frustrated.

Thanks so much,
Kim