Problems using MAGIC 9.5 with JAWS 7

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:19:02 -0500

Hi,
Because of some focus issues with JAWS 7, there were some problems using both MAGIC 9.3 andJAWS 7.

Nothing could prepare me for the shockthat technical support actually recommends that JAWS 7 users use MAGIC 9.5 if both are to be used together.

The focus issues are maddening.
Often JAWS fails to read files in list views or
moves focus to another file far up the list in list views! causing inaccuracies as one finds oneself totally in thewrong place on the wrong file--having "never" made a keystroke other than closing thefile one was readingatt hetime.
MAGIC 9.5 is oh so slow to close with JAWS on often forcingthe shut down ofjAWS which is time consumingand annoying.

It may appear unusual that one might use both programs but some others might be on the list who may have started with MAGIC and later added JAWS for dual usage and that is why I am writing these comments here.

If some one can find a compelling reason for usingMAGIC 9.5 with JAWS, please let me know as otherwise using it is too difficult.

Earlier MAGIC versions did work well with JAWS including 9.3 with JAWS 7.

SinceMAGIC is the biggest market right now, I would be interested if others encounteredthese problems or happened to find some work around.

Thanks in advance.