re: Problems reading MS-Word

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:22:34 -0400

Gezim,

Two things to check in your MS Word document:

1. Go to View menu and make sure "Normal" is checked in the menu items.
2. Go to View menu again and hit enter on "Zoom" and make sure 75% is
selected.
3. Make sure the font you are using is a standard style and size, such as
Times New Roman 12-point. If the font is too large, JAWS will not read the
text properly.

Alan

Gezim wrote:
Hi all,
When writing an MS Word document and after pressing "enter", JAWS reads the
text as if it were written on the same line. Also when I try to read the
text,
JAWS doesn't seem to read the text where it actually is . I must add that
this problem has occurred quite recently to me, because earlier it worked
just
fine.

Best wishes
Gezim