RE: Problem running JAWS 5.0 off an autorun CD

  • From: "Tracy I" <tdinaba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:14:53 -0600

Hi List,

Just to clarify - I was trying to run a demo version of JAWS 5.0 on a Win2K
networked computer that did not have JAWS on it.  To do this, I originally
made a JAWS 5.0 autorun CD on a Win2K networked computer with the full
versions of both JAWS 5.0 and 4.51 installed.

In every incarnation of the "portable JAWS CD" topics I've seen, the
instructions never mentioned anything about needing to install things on the
new computer for JAWS to work.  This is mainly why this was such an
attractive option for me and my co-workers.  We all run a variety of
software including stuff for multimedia production, website development,
communication clients, etc.  We didn't really want to chance messing
everything up by then installing JAWS on top of all of that! ;)

I understand now that I need to install the video intercept before JAWS will
work...and hence, we probably won't be trying out the portable CD option!
But if XP is the "standard" on new computers today, and if everyone who uses
XP needs to install this, then am I just the only confused person out there?
;)

Thanks again for all the help,

Tracy