Re: Problem of jaws with internet explorer

  • From: "Blade" <info.rczenterprise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:10:41 -0700

Hello fayazjpasha_21@xxxxxxxxxxx!

Try to uninstall IE.

to uninstall IE,
1. Go to your control panel.
2. Look for Add or Remove programs.
3. Once you are there, press shift + Tab key and look for the check box that
says, "Show update check box".
4. Once you found it, press shift + Tab key again, to move focus to the button
that says, "Change/Remove button".
5. Once you found it, press your down arrow and look for "Add/Remove Windows
Component button".
6. Once you found it, press space bar. The Windows Component wizard will load.
7. Once the lists of components has been loaded, look for Internet Explorer and
press your space bar.  It will uncheck Internet Explorer. Jaws will not
announce that the item has been uncheck or not.  But, since, IE is installed,
meaning, pressing your space bar will uncheck that item.
8. Press your tab key and look for next button and press your enter key once
you found it.
9. It will uninstall Internet Explorer.
10. Once it is finish, it will put you back to the add or remove window.  Press
alt + f4 to close and restart your computer.
11. Once it is resume, locate the IE6 program you download and run the setup.
12. Once you installed IE6 and you experience the same problem, I suggest to
download the latest version of IE, which is version 7.  If you want, I can give
you the URL where you can download IE7. Please let me know.

I'm using Internet Explorer 7 and it works well with Jaws.

HTH
Blade