Problem With Voice On JAWS 5.0

  • From: Keith Wiglesworth <KWORKS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:49:58 -0500

Hi All,
    Keith Wiglesworth here in North Carolina, and I'm brand new to the list.
    I'm running JAWS 5.0 and am also using a Braille display via a BrailleLite
40.
    This is not life or death, but just a bit strange and I'm wondering if
anyone has any thoughts about a peculiar thing that I often have.
    Sometimes when I go to certain websites, or open certain email messages,
JAWS voice will suddenly drop about an octave and a half.  It then stays at
that lower subhuman level until I shut down and reboot.
    The voice continues to talk and the Braille display behaves just like it
should, but it just sounds otherworldly, and is a bit annoying and irritating.
    Is there any quick and easy way I can use say Verbosity and bring the voice
back up to normal?
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.  Good to be on the list.
Keithy