Re: Please help me identify two settings/enu files

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 10:47:49 -0800

Hi Steve,
I figured that the eloquence file was to do with Eloquence, but wondered if
I should copy it into my new Jaws 8 settings/enu folder. But since I don't
remember having deliberately created it in the first place, I'll just leave
it alone and not copy it over, as I've done with my third party script
files.

As for the splash file, I'm afraid I don't know what splash is, although I
wouldn't mind hearing a description. I do have Winamp on my system, but I
haven't yet run it while using Jaws 8, so maybe that's why the splash file
doesn't appear in my Jaws 8 enu folder yet. Not to worry, is the message I
take from what you say. and I think you're right. Thanks. Just trying to
sort things out and get Jaws 8 functional. Which may take some time and
effort, because it's behaving very badly. Sluggish, as I've said. But while
I'm waiting for a helpful word from Jaws tech support, I want to at least
configure it properly for my use, otherwise.
Thanks again.