Re: Playing DVDs in Windows Vista revisited

  • From: "Lisa P Briones" <lbriones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:57:36 -0800

Hi Dave and Zaheer,
Thanks for your input.
Dave, the auto play menu comes up for everything but blank re writable DVDs,
DVDs with something on them and program discs.  It comes up for CDs and
blank DVDs in other words.  I just don't know.  This is all so weird.
I can have a look in the bios and see what's there for the DVD burner.
Zaheer, do you think that just trying to update the driver would help before
I try to uninstall it?  I'm a little nervous about that one as I don't know
what exactly will happen if I uninstall it.
Thanks guys, and as always, will keep you posted along this arduous journey
of getting the burner to work properly.
Lisa P Briones
Email, MSN, Windows Messenger, & Windows Live ID:
lbriones@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Home Phone #: 916-773-1546
Cell #: 916-479-4187
Vonage Numbers: 225-612-0214