Re: Performance of dectalk access 32

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:21:20 -0500

Categorically agreed. I use Dectalk Express, an external device that, among other things, spares me sound card issues. But above all, Dectalk is exponentially more listenable and responsive than Eloquence. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Personally, I like DECTalk. I had a PC2 and used it with Windowbridge. But I digress. DECTalk software is comperable to if not more responsive than eloquence.

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Performance of dectalk access 32
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:37:45 -0500

Maybe the RealSpeak synths have reduced the need, but I've always been
curious about this particular product, having used the old DecTalk card
for both DOS and Windows back in the late '90's (anyone remember those
old Doug Wakefield demos about 20 years ago--now I'm really dating
myself).  I remember some JFW training tapes that used it, and recall
being surprised when HJ adopted Eloquence, rather than DecTalk.  How
does the software sound and respond, compared too other software
products, or the old hardware?  I remember having a strong affinity for
Betty.

If I keep recalling stuff like this, I may have to adopt a new
handle--maybe ancient hillbilly?

Ted