Re: Path for Settings\enu JFW 6.0/XP

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:33:01 -0400

Carol and All,

    I don't have to give a password when XP comes up and my tech
didn't type in one when he was here, so that may be why I'm "New
user."  I did find a post on creating a new user ID, but it seems to
involve a password and I'm not ready for that.

    I'm still not quite sure if I should follow the instructions from
an old post:

"Just for information and to let those know that do not know, there is
no
real reason for us to have to remember the exact path where scripts go
because Freedom scientific gave us a shortcut to both Enu folders and
to the
program folders.
To access these shortcuts:
Go to your start menu, all programs, Jaws60 submenu, Explorer Jaws
submenu,
and in there you will find three shortcuts!
Explore my settings; hit enter on this and you will be in the Enu
folder
found in the main user folder.  Also referred to as your personal
settings.
Explore shared settings; hit enter on this and you will be in the Enu
folder
found in the all users folder.  This is where all of the default
scripts are
found.
Explore program files: hit enter on this and you will be in the
directory
for the Jaws program files.
So, to add scripts, open the scripts and copy them to the clipboard.
Go to either the Explore my settings or explore shared settings
shortcut
found in the Jaws 60 folder, open it up, and then just paste the new
scripts!"

or to modify the Helpful Hint on backing up the Settings\enu folder on
the JFWlite page to fit the new path for JAWS 6.0, or does it matter?

    Thanks,
Margaret

"Carol Pearson" wrote:

Hi Margaret,

My settings are

c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\freedom
scientific\jaws 6.0\settings\enu

It's a bit daunting at first when you go into XP but you'll soon get
used to the layout, including the fact that this path, or similar,
will
often be used.

If you don't find "Margaret" then you'll probably have something else
that's often used, such as Default User, Customer, or something like
it.

If you find it difficult to get to, you may like to use the "Find"
feature and search for JAWS 6.0.  (I only have one folder with that
name
and you probably do as well.)  Once you're there you can press the
"in-context" key, or Shft+F10 and select "Go to folder".

Hope this helps a bit.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx