Re: Outlook questions; very basic ones

  • From: Pat Hornell <phornell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:12:02 -0700

Evidently, the only way to have multiple identities in Outlook (not Outlook
Express) is to have multiple user accounts.  This is, of course, easy in
Windows NT/2K/XP.  In windows 98, it's possible to have more than one
username, but I've heard that it's a royal pain in the neck to maintain your
system.

Of course, in Outlook express, this isn't a problem, as it is quite easy to
maintain multiple identities, though I haven't figured out a way to get MSN
Messenger to recognize these different identities, and so when I have my IM
account running and log into my wife's e-mail identity, for example, I find
all my IM contacts showing up in her contact list, and some of them end up
in her address book too.  Ah!  If only I could scrape up the cash for a new
computer to let me run Windows XP!  Oh well . . .

Pat Hornell
A+, MCP, MCSE, MCDBA and MCSD