Re: Outlook Express hotkey question

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 01:09:27 -0800

Ari,
it's not a hotkey. It's a Find command, but instead of using control F,
which as you notice is just the OE command for forwarding, use Control Shift
F instead. You'll stay within the open message, as you wish to. Now type
what you're looking for and hit Enter. Just remember not to press Escape at
this point in case that's something you have to do in another program in
order to get ride of the Find dialogue and be at what you've found. the Find
dialogue will disappear all by itself. And if you press Escape, you'll just
close the message. So just Control Shift F, type your search string, press
Enter.

Hope that works for you. It ought to.