Re: Outlook Express & collapsed messages

  • From: "Parham Doustdar" <parham90@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:29:27 +0330

It means that you are in a thread and that subject has more than one email
about it. Let me give you an example:

I send an email to this list about a movie. It is off-topic (and I'm probably
punished), and you're not intrested about the whole topic and you want to just
delete the whole thing. So, when it says, collapsed. Have you watched this
movie? You can just press shift+delete to get rid of my off-topic message.

Now, let's say there is a message about treeviews, and you want to see what
others have said about it, and you hear the word, collapsed, before the
subject. So, you press the right arrow and you hear, expnded. Then you press
the down arrow to see the rest of the messages in that topic and press tab (or
enter) to read them. Once you're doneand you want to, say, delete all of the
topic now that you've read it, press the left arrow in the list a few times (if
there are many messages, you might hear colapsed, but you haven't closed the
whole topic yet), and when you're sure that the whole topic is collapsed, press
shift+delete, or just down arrow to go to the next subject.
Hope that helps.
---
Contact info:
Skype: parham-d