RE: Outlook 2003 cannot see the text in a message

  • From: Louis Lucero <lclucero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:36:24 -0800

Steve,

I will try the shift plus tab when I get to work tomorrow. But here is some additional information that may be helpful... Several emails are to all staff and when I ask people if those e-mails have a message they say yes. Also when I ask sighted folks to look at the e-mails in question they say there is no message at all on the screen. I wonder if there is something in the view that could be messing me up.

Any other ideas.  Thanks for the shift plus tab again.

Louis
At 08:15 AM 1/3/2007, you wrote:
Three possibilities occur immediately:

1. When you say there is no text, do you mean that JAWS says there is
nothing there, or just that there is no text on the screen. If the
latter, it may be that the sender has used a text colour that doesn't
show up on your PC. If this is the case, JAWS should read the emails
without any problem.

2. The text may be contained in an attachment rather than the body,
which is where the focus goes when you open a message. Press Insert + A
to see if there are any attachments. If there are, open them one at a
time. If the sender has included an attachment it would be helpful for
them to mention this either in the subject or body, but I have received
messages that consist of an attachment and nothing else.

3. The item you've received may not be a message. In some Outlook items,
the important information is contained in the headers. Use Shift + Tab
to move through the headers one at a time.

Steve