Options for Reading Tables in JFW 7?

  • From: "Kane Brolin" <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:27:10 -0400

Hello, everyone.

I've run into a new situation that I've not been able to solve using
the standard JFW 7 Help advice:  I want to make it so that tables in
IE 6, by default, are shown in Braille one whole row at a time.  I've
got the PowerBraille 80, and although this is an older device it has a
display line long enough to show the entirety of a table row much of
the time, and I dislike arrowing up and down between each column entry
in the same row.  I've gone into Braille Options with CTRL+INS+B, but
do not see options for adjusting how tables are rendered by default.
And I would rather not have to make the same adjustment every time I
change rows or every time I encounter a table, since I look at many
tables on the Web each day.

I'm using JFW 7.0 with either Windows 2000 or Windows XP (depending on
which computer I'm using).  I still use IE 6, and for work-related
reasons have not updated any of my systems to run IE 7.  (If this
somehow works better in JFW 8, please let me know; I do have the new
full version of JAWS to which I can upgrade.)

Thanks,

-Kane