Odd J8 and Eudora behavior

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:58:42 -0500

I'm running J8 on an xp/2 system, the below probelm happens with all versions of Eudora from 5.x to 7.x.

1. When in a list view of a mailbox, if you delete a message with the delete key, hearing the next line in the list box spoken can take up to ten seconds. If you use control D to delete, the delay is less, but can still take two to five seconds. This was not the case in J7.x.

2. When opening an email, Jaws has always been polite and the first thing spoken was the person from whom the email had arrived. J8 only does this about a third of the time, otherwise, there is total silence, leaving you not knowing whether an email was actually opened or not without having to use arrow keys to find out.

When a line contains a number, reading pauses at the number and continues after, perhaps, five to eight seconds. This happens even if there is no punctuation present.

These issues are so distressing, I have had to revert to j7.0 for email.

FS support says they have never heard of this before, no kidding...I'm the only person in the world still using Eudora? [smile]

Dan