OS Upgrade

  • From: KANE BROLIN <k.brolin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 06:57:20 -0800 (PST)

  Hi, listers:

  I?m continuing to experiment with a relatively old Compaq machine I?ve owned
for about six years.  It?s still running Windows 98 Second edition, but I?m
told some of the things I want to do will work better if I use Windows 2000.  A
technician with whom I work says this machine easily has enough memory to run
2000 well, but not necessarily enough for XP.

  Will I need a pair of eyes to do the 98-to-2000 upgrade?  Or will JFW 7.0
work well enough for this purpose at critical moments?  For a long time I have
used the more robust, NT-style version of JAWS authorization, and now I?m on
ILM.

  Thanks,

  Kane Brolin