RE: OE and IE Problem using JFW

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:25:34 -0500

Hi All:

Here's more on the gentleman's OE and IE Problem.  I called him and we
were going to have him send me a remote assistance invitation both so I
could see if I can do remote assistance with JFW and so I could see what
is going on.  We got into remote assistance where he was to type an
e-mail address.  He turned forms on, typed in the e-mail address and
when he went either to press enter or to tab to the link which says
"invite this person," he got an Internet Explorer error which said
"please provide an e-mail address."  What this tells me is his keyboard
input isn't being captured in OE and IE.  He also told me he has had a
sighted person look at his e-mail messages when he is typing them in OE
and there are no characters on the screen.

I've been pursuing this as a situation where JAWS was losing focus.
Now, we're wondering if it may be more of a problem in OE and IE that
needs to be fixed.  Any thoughts?  I'll also keep looking in my PC
Helpdesk In a Book gto see what I can find.

Thanks, I'm always grateful for the help I receive from the expert base
of knowledge on this list.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)