OE Bug

  • From: "tcivi31" <tcivi31@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:03:01 -0800

A week or so ago I sent the following message to the List and a similar message to Support at Freedom Scientific regarding a problem with Outlook Express:

"I installed the latest version of Jaws yesterday. This morning I notice when
I arrow down through the messages in my In Box while holding down the shift
key to select for   deleting, Jaws no longer reads the sender, subject and
date and time. It just speaks the senders name. Anyone have a remedy for
this? The window is maximized.
Tom "

After a few E Mail exchanges in which they had me try various solutions I received the following message:
"Dear Tom:

Thank you for contacting Freedom Scientific Support.

We are working on a resolution to the issues you have reported. We have assigned the Inquiry # 157895 to this issue which will follow this issue to its resolution. Please write this inquiry number down. Should you need to contact us, please provide the Inquiry number.

You should hear from us within 1 to 2 business days.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Freedom Scientific!

If replying to this message, Be sure to include all previous correspondence pertaining to this issue so that we might more quickly assist you.

Regards,"

Today FS called me on the phone and told me they had been able to reproduce the problem and were working on it and hopefully there would be a fix in version 9 which is scheduled for release in September. I am sending this for the information of others who may have had the same problem.
Tom