New version Audio Enriched Links coming

  • From: Peter Parente <parente@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:49:28 -0400

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It still seems like some people have
no trouble running the software, others are still struggling to get it
installed, and still others are having problems with it crashing during
use. I'm currently working on solving the last problem (stability). I
don't have much data to go on because I've never seen the software crash
on any of my test machines, but I believe it might have something to do
with how the previews are getting cached to disk. I'm working on an
alternative approach that may remedy the crashing problems. I'll post
another message to this list when the new version is released, so those
of you who have seen the software crash can try it out if you'd like.

For newcomers, there is more information about this project at
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/ael

Pete