Re: Need assistance with Caspersky 8.0

  • From: Hal Pearson <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JFW List <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:49:10 -0400

Sameer, no there aren't any scripts for Kaspersky, I do use this program myself
although it's not  Jaws accessible I must admit. I can however, offer a few
handy tips. My dad uses it on his system and so he installed a copy on mine.

What i do, to update Kaspersky is to first enter system tray insert +f11, then
arrow down to Kaspersky and hit enter key. This brings you into a kind of
submenu where you can tap a series of quick keys to accomplish a specific task.
Press letter U to update your anti-virus software. What I've found, when in
system tray, and I decide to pause Kaspersky before installing a program, is to
first tap letter K to focus on Kaspersky anti-virus. I then press enter to get
into Kaspersky submenu, then tap letter P for pause. Once the install is
finished I enter system tray again, tap letter K then whack enter, and hit
letter R to resume system protection.

To do a virus scan, open "my computer" then tap letter L to quickly move to
"local disk C". Tap context windows key located just to the left of your right
control key, a dropdown menu appears. Either arrow down to and enter on "scan
for viruses" or tap letter V to activate this option. This way you don't have
to open the program to look for the virus scan feature. You can use insert B to
read box in tab order to monitor system scan.

One final note, when in kaspersky, you can use invisible cursor to explore and
poke around.

Hal