Need A Little IE6 Help

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:18:28 -0500

Hello:

I am working with someone using JAWS and Internet Explorer Version 6.
He's trying to access the Listen Live link at www.kpcc.org, a Southern
California Public Radio station.  When he simply presses enter on this
link, his computer makes a sound like the browser is trying to open a
new windo and the computer is blocking it from doing so.  If he presses
shift and enter together, the new window is opened and he gets the audio
stream from KPCC.

What he would like to know is, is there an Internet Explorer 6 option or
options that can be set so that when he presses enter on these kinds of
links, they open the new window without having to hold down the shift
key?  I thought there was a way to do this in IE6 but cannot remember
for sure.  I also know the Google tool bar can cause this behavior but
we have not checked to see whether that beast is installed.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)