Missing menu item in MS Word

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:29:55 -0500

Hello listers,

I'm not sure how I did this, but somehow I removed the "Close" command from the "File" menu in Microsoft Word 2000. I'm pretty sure that this file-menu command can be restored by going into the Tools/Customize menu and tabbing into the "Commands" tab in this multi-tab window. JFW version 7.0, however, doesn't make this window very accessible.

I can tab into a couple of lists, one of which contains the main menu headers, and another which contains the sub-menu commands, but after finding the "Close" item in the sub list, I can't figure out how to select it so this command can be restored to the File menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan