Microsoft Word Insufficient Memory

  • From: Edward Marquette <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:03:23 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I often work with large (60) page documents filled with automatic numbering,
automatic cross-references, tables of authorities, tables of contents, tables
(rows and columns), and indexentries.
Those running without JAWS who work on the same document rarely get this
message, but I frequently get the message, "Microsoft Word has insufficient
memory to undo this task.  If you continue, you will not be able to undo this
action."
I usually just hit "Y" and continue, but it is annoying, particular when it
happens every five minutes or so.
As an experiment, I turned off reading style changes, track change
announcements, and change page announcements.
Since JAWS seemed to be the culpret, that seemed like a logical attempt at a
solution.  To my utter amazement, it seemed to work.
Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm running with 1 G of memory, so memory is
not an issue.  Also, if someone else has experienced and/or solved the problem,
which of the JAWS functions seems to be the memory hog in Microsoft Word?
Thanks in advance.