Re: Microsoft Security Essentials

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 12:17:13 -0400

Mark:

Warning:  If you go ahead and cancel the Symantec Antivirus, make sure that
you also cancel any automatic credit card renewal that you might have set up
with them.

When my wife and I decided not to renew our subscription, they went ahead
and charged her card anyway.

When my wife complained to one of their phone representatives,  about them
charging her card, she got the usual apologetic corporate garbage response,
about them being sorry about any inconvenience caused.  But, they were not
that apologetic, nor were they not that sorry, because the phone
representative went on to tell my wife that the credit to her card would
take up to three months to be processed.  So much for being sorry about any
inconvenience caused, ha!

My wife told the representative that Symantec were quick enough to debit her
card when we signed for their product, so why could they not credit the card
just as quickly, now we wanted to cancel our subscription.  The
representative had no response to her question.

My wife then told the representative, if her money was not credited back to
her card in three business days, from the date of her call, she would
initiate a complaint with the credit card company.

Well, needless to say, the debit was not credit back to the card within the
three business days.

My wife complained to the credit company, and, to their credit, they
completed their investigation into her complaint in record time.  Her money
was returned to her card within two weeks from the date of the call to
Symantec.

When you purchase products and services on line, using a debit or credit
card, there are no excuses that these companies can give, for not refunding
the money just as quickly.

These companies only hold on to your money for as long as possible, because
as long as they have your money, they are collecting interest.  Also, while
they have your money, they can use it for other purposes.

sincerely:

Dave durber