RE: Make JAWS sleep but leave API active?

  • From: "James Homuth" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:24:57 -0400

Unfortunately, I don't think you can--at least, not without some potentially
significant scripting. This because by accessing the API, you are
effectively telling the program what to do. If the program is told by a
config setting to do nothing, it will do precisely that. Therefore it won't
listen to the calls you make to the API. The only thing I can think of is if
you somehow tell JAWS to switch to no-speech mode when the application's
running, but I'm not sure if you'll then still have that problem.

James,
List Admin