MS Outlook XP Folder tree view Items read twice using first letter navigation with JAWS 7.0

  • From: "David Weddle" <ddweddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 07:06:34 -0800

With previous versions of JAWS on my XP-Home system at home and XP-Pro
at work (most recently 6.0), while in the Inbox or any other MS Outlook
(2000 or XP) folder, I have used tab to get to a tree viewof Outlook
folders, first letter navigation to find the folder I want and then
another tab to get into the list view of the folder.  Using JAWS 7.0,
however, my first letter navigation causes the name of each folder to be
spoken twice.  There's no problem in how it works, just irritating to
hear the FOLDER name SPOKEN twice.  Any suggestions of a fix for this?

Thanks, and
HAPPY NEW YEARA!

Take care...
Dave Weddle