Re: Lost IE7 Focus After Using Alt-D

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:25:10 -0600

Followup:  You can use the page button on the tool bar to send a page
link to an E-mail recepient.  Perhaps this is what we'll have to do from
now on?

Cher

>>> "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx> 01/26/07 10:57 AM >>>

After using Alt-D and Control-C to copy the address of the current page
in IE7, I could not get back out of the address bar with control-tab as
usual.  I was stuck in a variety of menus which I could not seem to
escape or stuck in a screen which had apparently lost focus.  The JAWS
cursor could only see a few menu options.  I could not get the
Control-Shift-Q command to list the tabs for a very long time and when
it did, pressing Enter on the desired tab did not resolve the focus
problem.  (I'm not sure if I was supposed to press Enter or do something
else to get the focus on the desired page.)  I finally had to use F5 to
just resend the page to get focus back.

Can others reproduce this or tell me what would have worked better.
Since IE7 uses control--tab for a different purpose than IE6, I wonder
what the substitution keystroke should have ben.

Cher