RE: Latest Version of JFW with Vista?

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:10:47 -0400

It's not entirely clear what you may mean by using "both programs"
simultaneously.

Jaws 9 does have some issues with Vista, but generally works well.

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing one of the issues where it begins to
lose some of the video information, and Freedom Scientific tech support
is now telling me that others have had this issue.  They asked me to be
sure I was using the Vista theme, as they thought it might be caused by
use of other themes, but unfortunately for me, I am using that theme.

There are some parts of certain operating system dialogs which are not
exactly accessible.  You've got to fall back on jaws cursor and
exploring the window to find out the information you need.

Still, it's pretty good, and if you have no choice, it's good enough.
If you have a choice between vista and xp on this new laptop, I'd choose
xp.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator