Jaws in a dispatcher center.

  • From: "Mike Mote" <mikemote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:19:10 -0500

Hi folks.  I am e-mailing this, because I might be going to work as a 911
dispatcher in my hometown.  Just wondered if anyone on this list has ever done
something like this with jaws?
During the interview, I was told that I would have to monitor multiple
computers, along with phone lines.  The phone lines are not a problem.  I'm
just concerned how well jaws will run in this type of environment.
I may be the first to try this, and if I am, I shall report back on how it
goes.  I'm waiting on whether or not AT&T will allow me to install jaws on
their equipment.  Apparently the 911 call center leases their equipment from
AT&T.  Any advice, or helpful hints would be appreciated.  Thanks very much!