Jaws and the cheapest scanning software

  • From: Adam <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:30:32 -0400

Hello everyone,

I know many Jaws users who rely on Epson Smart Panel or Cuneiform O C R to scan and recognize printed documents.

With Cuneiform, the design is such that we were able to access it without pain. The site address is http://www.brothersoft.com/Utilities_Scanner_and_OCR_CuneiForm_OCR_9982.html.

But with Epson Smart Panel, often we have to switch to Palette Mode and struggle hard with the Jaws cursor and count Windows arrow keys in order to launch its O C R program. Once launched, access is much easier.

My visit to jfwlite.com for Epson scripts was not conclusive.

Any scripts out there to access Epson Smart Panel main screen by any chance?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Adam