Jaws and tables in Word second post"Help!"

  • From: "Kelly Hill" <khill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:19:44 -0700

Usually when I'm working in a table in Word I can press alt+1 on the qwerty
keys and Jaws will read the top cell of the current column.
Suddenly today when I use this keystroke   focus moves to the first cell in the
column rather than Jaws just reading the contents of that cell. I have no idea
what I did to initiate this change, but I want to change it back!
I am using Windows XP, I think it's Home addition, Jaws 6.10 and MS Office 2003.
 I have tried closing and reopening the document, closing and restarting word,
restarting Jaws, restarting the computer, and working  in a different document
also containing a table, all to no avail.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as all of the reports I fill out
here at work are largely composed of tables in Word and my paper pushing often
gets interrupted by real work making this keystroke very convenient when I want
to come back and figure out where I am.

Thanks,

Kelly Hill