Re: Jaws and remote desktop

  • From: "Jim Adams" <jadams@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:49:10 -0500

hi Don I use JAWS with XP Remote Desktop quite a lot. You have to be sure
and not have JAWS start automatically. you should put the shortcut to JAWS
in the startup folder for your profile or the All Users profile. When you
install JAWS make sure you set it to allow it to run as a client and/or
server for Remote Desktop. You can do this through the Installation
Maintenance utility for JAWS. Choose the Modify option.

After you enter the

MSTSC

command to start Remote Desktop (or just start Remote Desktop) I hit the
Options button to allow me to enter the computer name, the user name, the
password and the domain. Then hit Connect.

you will have to hit ENTER after hitting connect on the Remote Desktop
screen. Give it a couple of seconds for the remote desktop screen to display
before hitting ENTER. JAWS won't talk  on this screen (after hitting Connect
on the Remote Desktop screen.)  After that, if a connection is made, you
should hear Remote JAWS start talking if you have it in the startup folder.

HTH