RE: Jaws and Total Recorder

  • From: "David Truong" <bnfiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:32:34 +1000

HI Jack,

The short answer is yes.  Two sound cards in your situation would be a great
idea.  In my computing environment I have two sound cards.  One is my
onboard Soundmax digital audio card and the other is an USB Soundblaster
Audigy nx.  I have configured my USB Soundblaster Audigy card as the default
playback and recording device.  Then I have configured jaws via it's jfw.ini
file to use the onboard Soundmax card as its output.  To get jaws to speak
through the onboard sound card automatically, why don't I just configure the
onboard soundcard to be my default playback sound device I hear you ask?
Well the reason why I don't do this is because software dvd players and the
Windows media player do not let you change what sound device they should use
and I want them coming out of my USB Soundblaster Audigy card.  However, I
do use Winamp (I suppose I have to since I did help write the scripts for
Winamp smile) so playing audio files through different cards isn't really an
issue.

David Truong

E-mail and MS messenger:  davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skype:  blindboxer1967