Re: Jaws and Toshiba laptop - does it work?

  • From: Ann byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:12:09 -0500

My Toshiba lap top is three or four years old. When I loaded JAWS, the lap top immediately crashed. A call to tech support suggested checking the video drivers. My particular flavor of lap top has two drivers, with the same driver name. When both are enabled, JAWS can't handle it. A recent reload of windows restored the second driver, and it took two system restores and a frantic search of my memory to re-correct the problem. Newer Toshibas most likely don't have this configuration, but who knows? Otherwise, the laptop is terrific with JAWS. Sighted people like the Toshiba display. It's briter than most.

Good luck!

Alternative archives located at: