Jaws and OpenBook conflict

  • From: "Kay Malmquist" <kaylm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 22:34:57 -0500

Hi all,
I have just installed open book 7.0 and Selected Dectalk access32 as my default
symp.  Then it asked me which driver I wanted to install and I selected
Access32.  When it came time to review everything I had chosen it was all
there.  Now for the fun.  I started the program and it said something like
unable
to find access32 drivers or something like that, using Eloquence voice or one
of those like it.  There was an okay button.  Then there was a blank screen
with an hour glass in the middle with Open book way up at the top.  There were
no menus or anything.  When I closed the program it said the program was
not responding so I hit end.  OpenBook closed and eloquence was still talking
and Dectalk did not come back.  I had to close Jaws before Dectalk access32
would come back.  I should tell you that Access32 is my default symp with Jaws
as well.  Sure hope someone can help.  It has been a few years since I last
used openBook so any thoughts would be appreciated.
Kay Malmquist
kaylm@xxxxxxxxxxx