Jaws and AVG

  • From: "bjones" <shawnee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw@Freelists. Org" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 07:36:44 -0500

Hi
Recently purchased AVG Internet security package and had the company I
purchased it from install it on my computer.  I am  using XP Home and Jaws
8.
I had to go in and change the display settings  back to the way they were
and also my folder options the way FS says to set them up.
However when I open Outlook I lose focus or something. Jaws might read the
heading of one e-mail but will not read the e-mail nor will I be able to
arrow up and down the list of mail. I have had to close Outlook not an easy
task as it sometimes just locks up and now am getting all these error
messages it wants me to report. Okay so getting back into Outlook and
finally able to read mail but sometimes if I want to go to another mail box
I am faced with the same dilemma of Jaws reading the heading on the e-mail
but not able to read the mail nor arrow up or down. I've maximized the
window and refreshed the screen to no avail.
I've also noticed that when mail is coming in everything stops and if I hit
a keystroke right at the wrong moment then I'm locked up.
This is probably some setting I am unaware of that will fix the problem but
am frustrated trying to figure it out.
I also cannot get out of the program to get to the desk top without a lot of
fumbling around with all of it and then I sometimes get the message that the
program is trying to close...
anybody have any ideas? thanks
Barbara

2:04 PM